Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017   #1609
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
Re: Project Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
Hmm I actually don't think I know that SC. I'm an admin of the Midwest SC group and I don't recognize the plates. I'll have to ask around.

Damn that 2UR motor sounds sweet. Never really heard about it but googled it. Would be very cool! Dare I ask why not go the JZ route as they are fairly cheap and abundant?

Yeah see ya Thursday then. Forecast shows storms so I won't be in the fun car unfortunately.
Haha I imagine your car in the rain is an animal. I would love to, especially with the 1JZ non VVTI being a very common engine used by the guys in back shop who drift well. The main issue being weight really. As well as using a good trans. I will be building my transmission with all carbon synchros with Jacks here this fall, to help raise the power limit ceiling and also treat myself on the daily aggressive driving and road course. I can't remember the super strong inline aluminum 4 cylinder Toyota engine they had a special name for that was factory turbo and came in some car we didn't get, basically a unicorn engine but some guy swapped his FRS with one of those and it was a glorious way to blow 20k I suppose lol.