View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016   #602
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

So I've been poking around a bit, and it turns out that Comp makes a few cams that remain both VVT and AFM! Intersting... I suppose if I were to go this route, I could easily add in a pair of ported heads too. The problem is, by the time the bills add up, its not going to cost much less than just slapping on a Procharger

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ode=Gen5XFIAFM

Stock cam specs for comparison: 0.551/.524-inch lift, 200/207 duration at 0.050-inch intake/exhaust, with a 116.5 lobe separation.

The mod bug has been getting me a bit lately, if for no other reason than just to do something to the car. These are the only camshafts I can find that don't delete the AFM (cylinder deactivation) system which is stupid to me; I paid for a technology and I want to benefit from it, especially considering all the long-distance roadtrips I take the car on. Some aftermarket cams completely delete the VVT (variable valve timing), but most do retain at least that, although the movement is limited from 62 to 22 degrees (I guess that's why the LT1 has a relatively mild stock cam, to get so much movement).

Last edited by Kracka; 10-24-2016 at 07:44 AM..
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote