View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008   #145
adm2204

Drives: '91 Plymouth Laser RS-Turbo FWD
Thumbs up Re: All Mitsu Cookout -- Sunday, August 24th, 2008

Quote:
Why does it seem you are shooting for specific numbers, or even making such a big deal out of how many cars show up? You're not running a business, there should be no reason to expect increasing numbers year to year. The more the merrier, obviously, but is it that much of a deal breaker if you lose a few cars from one year to the next? There are ways to cut costs.

Barely breaking even is all a part of the deal... You win some, you lose some. If I had a dime for every time an event I helped run barely broke even, or didn't break even at all, I'd have a lot of dimes.

It's hard to tell if you're venting frustration or just taking this whole thing far too serious. Lighten up, take the good with the bad. You run a great event and have done so for as long as I've known you. No reason to be discouraged over such trivial details.
I agree wholeheartedly. That was the most fun I've had in AGES. It was great to see all the cars there and it was all organized VERY well. I would hate to see an event cancelled because the number of attendees isn't constantly rising. I can assure you that now that I've been to two of the DSM events this year I'll be attending any and ALL future events that I possibly can. I must admit I didn't register because I had only barely enough money to buy gas to drive there and back. Next time I will definitely register. My apologies also for the burnout in the parking lot I wasn't really thinking about it. I'm sure the school expects good behavior in order to allow the usage of their parking lot. To anyone else who agrees that the events should continue (despite attendance numbers) and enjoyed them as much as I do give some more encouragement to the organizers and everyone who did a fantastic job of making it an AWESOME event.
adm2204 is offline   Reply With Quote