Thread: my new project
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013   #133
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla
Re: my new project

Here's a little update. I got my fp oil feed replacement filters today and map shipped my oil cooler fittings today as well. I should them tomorrow or saturday. I should have this thing up and running this weekend.

Also I have been talking to a handful of places about what turbo will be best for my setup. Most have have recommended going away from the gt42. I was talking with the guys from Boostin Performance today via email and what they have said seems to be the best info I have gotten so far. They have recommended an fp hta3794 or a pte cea6766. They were saying either of these should net me the power I want on e85 and with the gearing in a shep stage 4 trans give me a powerband that is better suited to the gearing.

They recommended sticking with ball bearing if I go with a pte but said the journal bearing should hold up fine to the boost levels I want to run. I would love the fp but it's a little out of my price range, I've also kind of been wanting to switch to a borg warner but with the prices MAP can get me a on a pte it's looking like that might be the route I'm going to end up going.

Also if anyone has any info or opinions to share/add to my on going turbo controversy it will be greatly appreciated
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote