View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #2
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Re: 1994 Talon TSi AWD (Highly Modded) $6,900 obo

Reason I am parting it:

Well, Friday night when I attempted to pick it up, I thought I had fried the transfer case. I had it towed back to Primo because that was my only option at 11:30 Friday night. Today they looked into it, I had already sourced a new transfer case over the weekend, I figured bingo bango put in new t-case, and be done. WRONG. It ended up being the transmission. Mike pulled the drain plug and very little fluid came out.

It developed a leak somewhere while I was doing vacuum pulls on the way back, it still shifted just fine, but it started to howl leading me to think it was the transfer case. I pulled over into a gas station as soon as I heard the noise, and by that time apparently the fluid was almost all gone. Mike said when he pulled the drain plug, it had a burnt smell and there was a thin coating of fluid all over the bottom of the car. Makes me wish I would have picked it up in the daylight so I could have possibly seen this, Primo is currently trying to figure out where exactly it leaked from to see where I should go from here as far as the warranty from TRE. Once we know where/what it leaking from, I will contact TRE and go from there.
Either way, I'm done with DSM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.

Last edited by goodhart; 11-10-2010 at 10:45 AM..
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote