View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015   #488
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Productive weekend! Yesterday I did the OEM optional Carbon Flash badge set to replace the factory chrome ones, and today I did the Zip-Corvette polyurethane shifter bushings to replace the squishy OEM rubber ones. I like the feel and throw of the stock shifter, but the rubber slop had to go. Not bad little pieces for only $15!

It's nice to have most the chrome gone off the car! It's been driving me nuts since new...white w/chrome looks tacky.

The shifter bushings are your typical stiff red Energy polyurethane. The install wasn't too bad, most the time was just removing all the stock panels and wiring harnesses to gain access to the shifter assembly. I of course skipped a step the first time around so after completely finishing the job I had to redo the entire thing I did a bunch of little extras while in there again though so it should be perfect for a long time to come now. Shifts now feel crisp and precise. Stock shifter feel was pretty good, probably 2nd to only the S2000, but there's always room for improvement when OEM rubber bushings are involved.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote