Thread: The Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018   #831
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
Re: The Gun Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPsyco84 View Post
While were on this topic of CZ's, anyone have or shot that new P10c? trying to decide to between that and a HK VP9c...
My take on it, is that it handles extremely well. I've shot the PPQ, VP series, P99, and almost every Glock to compare it to. The grip texturing is stellar, the weight/balance is superb, the ergonomics are improved on Glock. However, the VP and M1 variants of popular Walther and all current HK (Umarex in general), do win on ergonomics, and in my heartbroken honesty, quality control. The P10 will need a full smooth over from a gun smith before duty use, which isn't a big deal to many like me who tear into any gun right away, but the out of the box setup is in need of review. Other pro's however will be based on the fact that there is so much aftermarket for the P10, the price is much better of the bat, the magazines and other parts are cheaper including most holsters.

If I had to choose between them for CCW, I'd probably go with the paddle mag release and higher end out of the box features of the VP9C even as a CZ fanboy. I would however choose the P10c if my environment of use were more duty or LE related due to durability, cost, and servicing.