View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011   #108
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

About 4 months ago I pinched the IAC wire when I was installing my Magnus V3 manifold. It damaged my EMS. I opened the AEM to diagnose the issue, indeed the low side driver was blown. I replaced the driver and it didn’t fix the problem, so the AEM came back out and I determined that the output from the microprocessor was bad. I drove the car like this and noticed some strange behavior. I ordered the processor but was not confidant I could replace it, since it was a decently high density part, 144 pins to be exact. I called AEM and they told me that they would not replace the processor but the entire board $$$. The AEM finally died the morning of the MAP dyno event. So now I had nothing to lose if I failed to solder the part correctly. With a hot air gun, BGA rework flux and a soldering iron I replace this (The pins are all bent up from me handling it for a month now):

I had to take pictures with my SLR camera to verify the solder joints were correct. The car started and has been running great ever since!
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote