View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017   #120
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo
Re: Brad's New Bike - '12 ZX10R

Got a few little things done to this thing this week. Got some TST Industries levers. They seem pretty good quality for the money and they had awesome customer service. Figured for the mile the less things I have sticking out the better!

Comparison looking down

I have a front picture too from my camera that shows it a bit better too. They ended up saving about 1oz over stock levers

Also got in some metal valve stems to be legal for the standing 1.5 mile racing. I'll put these in when I swap over back to normal street tires. I also got a new shorter 520 chain for when I put the stock swing arm back on it hopefully next week.

I swapped on the track plastics I found for a good deal. I weighed stuff without the belly pan and figured I saved about 8.5 lbs but forgot I didn't include the stock seat in my weighing. So think stock seat is about a 1lb or so, so maybe saved at least 9lbs. Also got a new clear windscreen so I can actually see through it in a tuck.

I wasn't a huge fan of the green at first, but it is kind of growing on me. I'll run without the belly pan at the drag strip, I don't want to come down from a wheelie and wreck it. Does look nice I think being slammed with the belly pan though.

I also race my buddy with another gen 4 with all the same mods less the head work stuff. He dead hooks on the street from rolls and I spin a bit but was fun to get out there and do some highway pulls again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTwmDHGvP4Y&hd=1

Plan to get out on the track this Saturday so tested the new to me trailer out and seems like it'll be slick. Excited to be able to load everything up the night before then just hop in the truck in the morning and head out.
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote