View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014   #670
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

I completed my MBA last week so now I have more time on my hands. The program was super awesome and is already paying off. Back to messing with cars and rebuilding my social life!

I just turned up some ball joint receivers to make the factory ball joints work with tubular lower control arms that I'm going to fab up. I did my research and determined that 1018 would be the best material for weld-ability and structural strength. It didn't cut the easiest on my lathe, but they still turned out nice.

I also had some issues with injector insulators blowing out on my evo and race car, so I made these aluminum spacers to make up the gap between the injector and the insulator. I tossed them in my wife's jewelry tumbler, they turned out nice and shiny! I also needed to make new fuel rail standoffs to preload the insulator better, the original standoffs put way too much load on the insulator.

I ordered the custom 9.75:1 HD2 Wiseco pistons last week too. So my engine build will be done in time for next year. I'm excited to get going on this thing.

Off topic to this thread, I just rebuilt my Exeddy HD twin and installed new syncro's in the transmission in my daily driver. It's back to awesome, like I drove it off the show room floor! I think I'm going to give road racing a shot next year. I'm going to start slow and follow what Scheides did on his entry into turn style racing with the IX.
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote