View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015   #29
bramagedained

Drives: EVO IX SSL
Re: My "new" car/project.

Got back home from Road America at 5:30 or so.

The Hawk vintage race is something everyone needs to go to, seriously. It was cool as fuck, and hands down the coolest racing event I've ever been to.

Had the box from summit with the gauges and another from vatozone with new gas shocks for the front end as one is leaking oil(and probably original like everything else.)

I got right to work tonight on the new gauges.

Just sitting in place.

I did get the wiring for the tach and all the lights done, which was actually much simpler than expected.

Factory was 2 bulbs per light, and individually wired, so, I just removed those and added the bulbs/pigtails for the autometer ones.

Same with the switched IGN ON power for the tach.

I still need to make a mounting bracket and run the new speedo cable, which I'll start in the morning.

The ratio for the speedo is still a wildcard, as I do not know what combination of drive gears are in the trans, so I can't just do the math. I actually expect it to be farther off than the stock one was.

I'm waiting on replacing the shocks until I can get a new set of wheel bearings. It doesn't feel like it needs them, but, if I'm taking the front end apart anyway, I may as while do it while I'm there.

I very nearly just ordered coilovers for the front, but, I don't actually want to lower it any, which nearly all of the pre-fabbed ones seem to do.
bramagedained is offline   Reply With Quote