View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016   #80
bramagedained

Drives: EVO IX SSL
Re: My "new" car/project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Nice, I had DWS on my 330i and I liked them although they didn't like some of the rougher auto-x courses.
DWS is an all-season and DW is a summer. I'll see how they work out, mostly they were cheap, decently reviewed and came in the sizes I wanted.

The other options for something in a 275 on a 17 inch wheel and 255 in a 17 were significantly more expensive.

I started the wiring project today. Right not it looks like a rats nest of wiring held together with wire nuts.

The tail/brake/rear turn/reverse lights all check out.

The ignition checks out by multimeter, and by passing a switched 12v, which is how the turn signals were tested.

I ran into an issue with my notes, though. The front right turn signal is exactly what it should be, same with the running light that shares the same spot.

However, for some reason I didn't track down the correct wires for either side marker or either light of the combo for the front left. According to the wiring diagram from the factory service manual it should have worked.

But, I've been working on this since about 11AM and had enough.

Hopefully with a clean start in the morning I'll find I just missed something simple. I'm guessing the ground for that side is in the bundle I cut out.

I'm still hoping to fire it up by tomorrow night, which I'm sure the neighbors will love since it has no exhaust right now.

Last edited by bramagedained; 01-23-2016 at 10:16 PM..
bramagedained is offline   Reply With Quote