View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016   #68
bramagedained

Drives: EVO IX SSL
Re: My "new" car/project.

Of this whole thing, the part I was the most worried about was pulling out the plastic interior panels. But, they all came out without issue.

I had 3-4 hours into this today after school, just to remove the rear chassis harness.

Driver's side:

Passenger Side:

I now have everything out that is coming out, with the exception of the antenna cable.

The car will no longer have a radio. I put ~5000 miles on the car between the end of June and storage and maybe used the radio for 2 hours.

The rocking speaker, it didn't even have stereo:

While weight reduction isn't really the goal, I've taken out about 25lbs more than is going back in with the painless kit.

My plan for the re-wire is to hook everything up how I think it should go without cutting any of the wires on the painless harness.

Then hook a battery charger to the system(no battery) and run through the functions to make sure everything is correct with the factory switches.

Once that tests out, I will shorten stuff and add connectors for if it ever needs to be removed.

It looks like the weather is going to hold out for another day so the garage will be easier to keep warm. My next task is going to be drain and drop out the gas tank and pull out the factory fuel lines.

Last edited by bramagedained; 01-07-2016 at 06:09 PM..
bramagedained is offline   Reply With Quote