View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012   #270
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Quick update. I purchased a PPG dogbox transmission, just received it yesterday. It had some shipping damage on the bell housing. I talked to Shep about the damage and ended up tig welding it back together. It had 2 cracks in it. I’m very excited to see what the talon will do with the new box. The 1-2 gear ratio is much more forgiving than the factory box and its got a taller 4th gear. The entry RPM into second gear will be much higher so I will get down the track quicker and faster than ever! I also picked up the quartermaster discs for my clutch from MAP, since the dog box has the same input spline as an Evo 8/9. What’s awesome is that the trans still has a stock syncro’d 5th gear for limited street driving!

I have myself another winter project. I plan to remove weight from the doors, wiring harness, useless brackets, trunk sheetmetal. Freshen up the cylinder head and inspect the shortblock. If anything is worn or damaged I will deal with it. I need to research my fuel system too, since my secondary 550 injectors are at almost 70% duty cycle with my primary 2150's maxed out. It eats E98, It's tough to believe I'm out of fuel pump. I run a 1800HP Fuelab and log fuel pressure.

Next summer should make for a good race season!
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote