Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015   #1186
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

Purchased a set of Corbeau LG1's (black cloth) that should arrive in a couple weeks from MAP! I chose these because I was looking for a balance between Weight, Comfort, Cost, quality. Corbeau usually makes a seat that's more budget friendly than the other big names, while still maintaining quality standards. The LG1's are regarded as one of the most comfortable seats offered by Corbeau, this is still a Lexus after all not a real race care! And they weigh a fraction of the stockers. I could have gotten some cheapo ebay ones for a better price, but I think I'd be sacraficing quality and possibly comfort. I could have gotten some Sparco Milano's but that'd be coming at a big price. So I think this was the perfect choice for my goals.

This ended up happening a little sooner than I planned (planned to do this over the winter), but I have plans to go to the track in about a month and I would like to take advantage of the weight savings.

So, ditch both heavy ass front seats which weight about 75lbs each from what I've gathered. Replaced with these which are 26lbs each + maybe 10lbs for each bracket. Overall that's right around 78lbs shaved off the car in street form which I think is awesome. At the track I'll remove the passenger side so that'll actually be another 36lbs removed for a total of about 114lbs saved in track form. That's like removing a Tauni, I think I will definitely feel the difference!

I will try to weight the components I take out, and the new ones I'm putting in so I have more accurate numbers.

Trying to think of some other areas I could reduce the weight without sacraficing the quality/comfort of the car much. Things like a CF Hood, but for the price it doesn't seem like you actually save a ton of weight. $700 to save maybe 15lbs I'm guessing? Doesn't seem like I'd notice that reduction much, so not sure it's really a good use of money at this point.

2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 08-19-2015 at 01:31 PM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote