View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011   #32
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo
Re: Beater 2g Round 2

No super cool updates but I'm bored at work.

Every since I bought the car the gas pedal was super hard to press, not sticky, just had resistence to it. So I bought a non-cruise control cable the other day to clean up the engine bay and help with the pedal feel. I'm really glad I did as the cruise kind of sucked with a small turbo/cams anyways and now the pedal feels how it should.

Also took some degreaser and tried to clean it up a little bit, didn't go too crazy as I'll be replacing the valve cover and what not before too long and removing a lot of the crap on the fire wall. Still looks a little better for not having much to do to it. The one thing I still have to do is buy a little bit longer vacuum line for the bov to intake manifold. haha that has bugged me since picking up the car but all the spare vacuum line I have laying around is just a hair short to run it under the intercooler pipe.

With the throttle cable I picked up some smoked side signals. This will be the only exterior mod I pay for besides getting it tinted someday and probably putting coil overs/springs on it (if some people count those as exterior mods). I think the side markers will look much more in place once I smoke/paint the chrome in the headlights.

I also bought an emprom and DSMLink v3 so that should be here this week so I can put that in and take out all the emission garbage!

Aslo trying to pick up some injectors to go e85 with it.

I'll probably end up putting nitrous on it this winter if I can get it in the garage or early spring once it warms up a bit and garage space isn't at a premium.

Also will get a shift box this winter when the new version comes out with adjustable shift points.

Also little goodies as I find good deals on stuff. I miss the cheap prices of dsm parts compared to evo stuff
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote