Thread: House Projects
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011   #324
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Re: House Projects

Suppose I can finally post in this thread too!

Closed on a house in June located in Eagan, yay suburbs again! I was looking for about 8 months, everything from townhomes to twin homes to regular homes in different areas of the metro. Woodbury, Shoreview, Richfield, Bloomington, Oakdale, but finally settled on Eagan and I love it.

House was pretty much turn key, only built 10 years ago, 3 car garage attached with 1 car garage in the back built in the last 4 years. .48 of an acre in a culdesac.

The first day we moved in, I stayed up till 2am painting the kitchen with one coat, goods times. Over the next 3 months or so, I finished painting most of the upstairs, since it was all crazy colors... Had to do quite a bit of patching since they had some imperfections and holes from existing wall hangings and shelves in some rooms.

Kitchen-was Blue, now its light olive green.
Entryway-was red now its greyish.
Master Bedroom-was blue and yellow, now its a light brownish grey.
Spare Bedroom-was blue green orange and yellow because it was the baby room, now its the same as the master.
Bathroom- was white with a moon and star border, going to redo the bathroom this fall with some nice tile work and updates. So far, Ive just removed the border.

The lower level was finished maybe 5 years ago and its pretty modern colors so Im leaving that alone with exception of the bathroom since its a very light blue.

Picture of the lower level from the sales ad, nicknacks removed now.. haha

Right after move in I wanted to get a garden started, so I put that behind the detached garage so it was out of view a bit. Peppers and tomatoes only for this year, next year more variety.

Taken in June:

Taken in early Sept:

Few buckets like this have been harvested and lots of tomatoes:

Decided on sticking with regular over the air HD TV channels to cut some costs, dont really miss cable at all. Bought this antenna from Radioshack and routed some cable up from the basement to the garage attic, works perfectly.

Other outdoor projects:

Built a ring and planted some plants

Started on this in September, going to fill it with plants, grasses and flowers, still in progress and it will wrap around the left side of the garage with a few bushes on that side. The patio on the right will also be expanded next spring.

Next projects will be raking all the leaves! haha

I am getting 3 large pine trees put in the back yard in the next couple weeks, about 12 feet tall. Some smaller ones as well on the sides of the yard.

But I look forward to doing some tile work like Brandon has been doing, in both the entry way and bathrooms. Not sure what I want to do in the kitchen yet. Might go with tile or a wood floor for the kitchen and part of the family room upstairs.

Id also like to expand the patio outside, re-stain the deck and gazebo, also coat the garage floors. but all of that will wait until next spring.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote