View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004   #1
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
The purpose of this post is to share an opinion and facts of a product from Redline called "Water Wetter". This is merely meant as an informative post and not a debate, if you have nothing to add that is positive START YOUR OWN THREAD. That being said, here we go.

After the arrival of some nice, but warm weather, I have noticed that coolant temps on my 92 TSi have gone higher than I desire. I do have a large PTE race core(the largest QPR offers), and that does a great job blocking flow to my radiator, which is a Modine O.E. spec replacement. I was experiencing consistent 215-225 degree temps. I am running a stock Mitsubishi thermostat which opens at approximately 197 degrees.

So on the advice of the gentlemen at QPR I ran straight distilled water with a 3/4 bottle of Water Wetter added to it. Then I waited for similar temperature days.

The next opportunity I had to log and watch my temps I was enjoying a range of 200-208 degrees. Now this is just freeway cruising, but what was really suprising is that when I would slow down and stop(exit ramps, etc..) the temps would rapidly drop into the 187-195 degrees range. The rapid drop would have never happened on a 50/50 mix without the Water Wetter. I was simply amazed. Stop and go rush hour traffic is no longer an issue anymore as I never see temps above 208 degrees, even with such abuse.

I have yet to experiment with higher engine demand circumstances(such as dynoing or track days). But do expect great results.

So in summary, I greatly recommend 100% water with Water Wetter additive for anyone ailing from high temps or for anyone in general who wishes to keep their investments in one piece.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote