View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014   #1021
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Big Brown's Automagic - The last episode in my DSM story.

9/7/14:
So feeling inspired (I still am btw for looks and speed) sunday after work (why I missed the eliminations) I decided to take the buffer to the car.
Sadly with a white car this is very hard to illustrate, especially since the pics were taken inside and not outside.

Pre-wax pic, tired of having such a crappy looking car. This is just after a normal wash.

Close up of the tree sap I was hoping to remove. I forgot to get an after pic, but the clay bar didn't do much anyway.This stuff is all over the passenger side of the car on the hood, fender, and door.

Another pre pic, kinda useless since I didn't get many post pics but it helps to show how dull the paint job is.

Another pre-wax pic, sadly it needs some buffer work for it to shine. But look at how non-shiny the paint is and this is after a wash.

Trying out the clay bar on her, well destroying a clay bar.

To be honest it didn't appear to make difference, it did feel better though.

Not 100% what is going on here IIRC, the left side is post buffer.

I only buffed the front fenders, hood and roof before we went out, but the car has not shined like this before, maybe ever in her life. (See other pics for matte white finish)

So white is extremely difficult to buff/wax, but what I was going for here was a comparison of the buffer with cutting compound, the front half (left side of pic) of the fender is before and the back (right side of pic) is after. if you look at the edge of the wheelwell you can see it.

Bam, finally a pic to show the difference. Left is after, right side is before.
I only used a heavy cut (Meguiars 201) then I ran out of time.

From the front this time, look how much better it is. Next year she won't be looking so rough.

Dynotune Nitrous dry kit, going to be used for stall up only.

Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote