Thread: Who has what
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012   #17
10EVO

Drives: 2008 EVO GSR
Re: Who has what

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudvig View Post
I think any of the 42-46 inch range should be in your price range. You will want 1080p and either plasma or LCD maybe the LED has gone down in price since I last looked at it... but they tend to be a bit more expensive.. you shouldn't compare contrast ratio's because usually manufacturers use different measuring methods, just go look at how they look first. If you go with Sony/Samsung/Sharp you don't usually have to worry about contrast ratios as they are all pretty similar. I am not too familiar with plasmas but are usually pretty nice if you go with panasonic, I believe Samsung makes a nice one as well?
Plasma has improved a lot and burn in is pretty much non-existent...

It basically comes down to what you want to do and how much money you want to throw at them. I am partial to my speakers but just do some research and stay away from Bose

-Colin
First, like the avatar!!! haha Gonna have to get that from you lol. Back on topic, that is the TV range I am looking at. LCDs are by far the cheapest. Plasma and LED are about the same. Since I seem to use my tv I have now mostly for playing xbox/ps3 and watching movies I will be sticking with one of the two. Thanks for all the input! Really have some good knowledge. I am going to pick out a couple models I like, and then wait for Black Friday! Don't worry, I will be staying away from Bose.
Installed:18x10.5" Work CR-Ultimate wheels, D2 Racing Coilovers, HKS Hi-Power Catback Exhaust, CPE Gauge Pod, Kenwood Double Din Head Unit, MTX Amp, AEM Oil, Boost, and AFR Digital Gauges, and Electronic Boost Controller
10EVO is offline   Reply With Quote