View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019   #125
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Back into the big leagues: Project FRC

Alright I've been very busy with work/life/ranch work on the property and then this thing.

I cooked a starter on the dyno and when I dropped the inspection cover found a chipped flywheel. As I had to rip the entire drivetrain out to replace/repair this flywheel I decided to go off the deep end.

I swapped in a brand new TR6060 out of a 09+ Spec Z06 and a 07 Z06 differential. With this swap came in a C6 rear Cradle, C6 Lower control arms, ECS Transmission/differential brace and torque tube tamer. I also put in energy suspension bushings in all components in the rear.

While I was there I upgraded to a 12MM torque tube with Driveshaft Shop Poly couplers, new bearings, and ARP Hardware.

While reviewing the car and looking it over, I realized I dyno'd on stock plugs and they were cooked. I swapped in TR6 plugs (1 range colder) and sent my throttle body out to Tony Mamo for a port job. Also had my shifter box rebuilt as well and diy'd a 4" intake.

The headers did not fit well with the 6 bolt heads as they kept hitting the flanges, so I decided to go with Hinson Supercar 1-7/8" catless headers. That means I pulled emissions out. The emissions delete and the intake modifications dropped 8lbs off the nose of the car. Also they sound pretty good (youtube video of start up below) Finally I DEI wrapped the crap out of everything, including my mini starter.

Finally started it back up last night:
https://youtu.be/UvBX2V95MVY

Finally I have some cosmetic things to install, carbon fiber wing and such.

Eventually I'll get it back on the dyno. Would be nice to have a 450+ chart, maybe even 460 with the changes, time will tell.

Hopefully I can find time to get to the track on a night pass in July/August

Ultimately I'd like to get sent home right away and click off a high 10 second quarter mile on the tiny hoosiers. Then I'll just do some car shows and debate what to do with the car next, most likely a 6 point cage, lighter seats to offset some of the cage weight, and try to make it a reliable 10.5 or 11.0 car. Maybe bottle feed it down a 10.0 car, will see how it all shakes out at the track.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4 inch intake.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	17287   Click image for larger version

Name:	CF Wing rear.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	17288   Click image for larger version

Name:	dei all the things.jpg
Views:	497