Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017   #1476
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

Since the car has been running great, we went ahead and made reservation at DB to rent their lesser used DynoJet on 4/10 @ 10am for a couple hours. DB will run the dyno/car, and Vlad will be remoting into the car / laptop and doing the tuning remotely. Vlad did say it's not fully necessary to dyno as the street tune is already very much on point. He tuned Kerry's Supra here street only just like I've been doing, and he has yet to get on a dyno, just ran with the street tune and car ran great all last year, and ran mid-10's at the track last year on his first visit to a track ever. But well I want some numbers, lol!! And this will give us time to make any final tweaks on the dyno and see how the car measurably responds, and hopefully just maximize the setup as much as we can. Pretty pumped for that day to come!!

I do have a small tick list to get through before that day though. I'm going to plumb the BCS slightly different to hopefully help with the boost taper. Also try to get some of my boost leaks fixed. Also will be swapping in the new 1600cc injectors as well. And lastly will be installing a new catch can setup. So not a bad little list, should easily be able to get those done over the next 3 weeks. Also will be doing a few more street pulls before then, so car really should be damn near dialed in by then.

Excited and Anxious for 2017!!!

SIDE NOTE, Andrew you were asking about me scribbling out the HP. So I talked to Vlad a little about that. He actually said the displayed lb/min actually shouldn't be taken at face value. He said that calc is based off of injector data actually. With companies like ID, they provide so much data with their injectors that the value ends up being incredibly accurate and the HP can be directly calculated based off that. However with any other injector company (FIC, FID, etc), while they provide the data needed to tune the care in general, they don't provide the extensive additional details that ID does, so he can't say for sure if the number is as accurate until we actually get on a dyno and compare. So that was interesting. The premium price of ID's in part comes from all of that extra data they have derived and include with their injectors. So while my numbers are decently accurate, we don't really know until we actually get on the dyno.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 03-22-2017 at 09:45 AM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote