View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010   #8
scheides
flips McGee

Re: beaterX project thread

After a week of ownership, I was ready to start fiddling with the car. I had a pretty empty weekend and decided to devote some time to it.

First thing was to get logging working. Lomker borrowed me his 2.0 tactrix cable a while ago to work on ACD reflashing on the evo8/9. I never got to try it But, logging on the X is pretty easy! First mod was to enable tephra's Mode23, which basically sets up the ecu for performance logging. It works awesome. From the factory, this car has a 3.3bar map sensor, IAT, MAT, and I even figured out how to wire in my LC-1 in place of the rear o2 sensor, so wideband should be working shortly

Once I had logging working, I could do some before/after for my next little power mod for the stock turbo: tightening the wga. Lots of people talk about doing it, I tried it, it works!

Car is starting to feel like it can go now. 27psi at 3100rpm, yay mivec!

Sunday morning I made the plunge! Off with the wing!

I spent the rest of the day working with my buddy tephra, he has just about completed everything for his first round of mods for the X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote