View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015   #9
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: issues - stumped and need options

Well worked on the car yesterday. And finally did a boost leak test as the was gone and none was home for me to wake up running the compressor.

For starters dmertz - of ecmlink - told me to check the box marked "non 95 cas" so I tried that. Amd well the car idled like shit which normally was the only part I never had issues with.

So I did what he asked and then drove the car around town and for a while I thought it might be slighlty better. But same stuff kept happening only now I have an idle issue. So I tried to put it back to where it was and still have an idle issue.

Broke out the compressor for a leak test and wtf.... fastest test I've done.... so when I add air it just shoots straight out the back of the compressor cover of my hx40.

So you can get an o ring or justin from tuners who does all the rebuilds says you can rtv it also.

And I would have just jumped in and got started only I took the compressor cover off my hx35 to check it and to clean it (which its looks great on the inside, I took picts) however non of the plyers in own will stay gripped to the damn c-clip. and wasnt about to take the hx40 apart until I figured out how to reinstall the housing on my 35. Anyrate I brought it to work today so hopefully one the maintenance guys will have a tool that will work.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote