View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016   #832
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

The last trip to the track wasn't very fruitful. My clutch slipped and banged off of the rev limiter under lots of boost. It blew the head gasket. I also found out that my drive shaft has harmonics issues. And I inspected the head I found it bent all the exhaust valves.

It's been a busy month:

I remove the single piece driveshaft and sent it back to DSS so they could turn my one piece shaft into a two piece.

They did an awesome job, and barely charged me anything to split the shaft.

I sent the cutch back to tilton, I figured out I had a setup issue that caused the diaphragm spring in the pressure plate to slowly lose its clamping force. That's all fixed now.

I remove the mechanical water pump and converted to an electric and I'm now running waterless coolant. I drove it on the very hot weekend on the freeway and it stayed cool.

Special Thanks goes out to MAPerformance, Eric rebuilt the cylinder head with meticulous detail. Also thanks goes out to the whole crew that help me out while on the dyno, Jake helped me strap it all down securely. I blew an intercooler weld on my ets unit and Tim help me weld it up. I ran 4 pulls, the first 2 were partial pulls. The last pull is below, ignore the dyno wide band reading.

The boost peaked at 50 and dropped to 48psi. With a safe 11.6 afr.

This weekend should be awesome!
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com

Last edited by Mark Leasure; 06-15-2016 at 02:00 PM..
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote