View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013   #3
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: WHITE POW'R! - Winter beater turned....?

Now

After nearly doing only God knows what to the engine by POURING gas into the little 4g15, I decided to start collecting some 4g63t swap parts....5-6 months later I started buying parts! In the mean time I have just kept on driving the Colt! She's slow as all hell but it is a car!

6/15/2013

I picked up this Spyder for the swap. It had a 2g transmission, axles, a full engine, ECU, engine wiring harness (not to mention all the left-overs could be used on my GS-T!): it was perfect!

From just the looks the engine seemed to be clean. I don't even know how many miles are on it. I never even bothered to check the cluster. From the looks of it though, this engine may not be original to this car. That's not a problem with me though. It's still the revised 7 bolt.

I tore the head off to changed the valve springs and grind the valves while I was at it. I was not pleased with the amount of high temp orange RTV I found throughout the head..

After a few runs through the cleaning/baking machine fixed that though, thankfully!

Last edited by DSMINMN; 07-11-2013 at 02:36 AM..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote