View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017   #1562
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Project Lex

Just some small updates.

- Still moving forward with remote tunes. Vlad said the tune (AFR, Timing, Boost Solenoid type stuff) is looking very solid now. Just some very minor tweaks, but it's pretty solid at this point. So we're starting to look more at some of the "other/extra" features.

- So the two AEM 12pos switches I wired in for Boost and Trac control. We verified I wired them in correctly and AEM is seeing them correctly. So we've activated the boost switch. It starts out at the lowest boost setting (17psi which is roughly WG level). Then increments roughly ~2psi in each position up to I think 29psi is the current highest setting.

- We also verified the front ABS sensor is coming in clean. The rear one isn't for some reason so I need to look into that. I didn't think there was a polarity on these sensors, but I might flip the wires to see if by any chance polarity does matter. Without both working, we can't implement the traction control yet. But with the front one working what we can do is use that for a sort of boost by speed setup. In 1st gear I hook with just a very tiny amount of chirp/spin at the lowest boost setting. So we'll probably just stick with that setting through 1st gear speeds. 2nd gear it hooks decent at the 25psi setting, I have to do some more testing at 28psi, but 2nd gear speeds will probably end up somewhere around 25psi. Then no limit on 3rd gear speeds and above. And really with that in place, it makes the whole traction control piece just a little less important to me since this is sort of already helping me keep traction in check a little bit.

- I pre-ordered up the Grannas 8.8 rear diff kit. I'm going with the 1000hp axle option that retains the stock hubs. I purchased a diff from the local junkyard for $128 that I'll be getting built with a custom gear ratio and LSD. And hoping Grannas can simply make me a diff adapter that will allow me to just keep my current driveshaft. So I'll have my current 3.26 diff with Torsen LSD & Axles up for sale at some point here.

- I remade the cold side IC pipe. It was really cobbled together and was the source of a boost leak. It's been redone and is much better. Fixing these leaks has really made the car feel more responsive, but that could all just be in my head too lol.

That's about it for updates at the moment. I'm getting anxious to setup a dyno appt here soon as well to see where I'm actually at. But here's a screen shot from a 3rd gear log I took yesterday to give some sort of idea of where I'm at right now.

2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 06-21-2017 at 02:25 PM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote