View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009   #7
1G_DSM

Drives: 1994 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto
Re: Gauging Interest – ’91 Eagle Talon TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike55112 View Post
Why wait till the 11th, there are other shops that could probably get you in sooner. Maybe someone on here could even diagnose the problem. What color smoke, does it always smoke or just under deceleration? How much oil are you going through and over what time frame? Give us a little more info.. Might be something as little as valve stem seals
I suspected it to be bad valve stems. The problem has gotton worse and worse. At first it started out as burning oil at startup and going away once the car warmed up. Like how it does when your valve stems go bad. Now the problem has gotton worse, and the car smokes quite a bit and it doesn't seem to go away. I suspect it to be bad valve stems.

I would rather get a reputable shop to diagnose the problem and have their word to back me up on what is wrong with the car. That way when I sell the car the buyer can rest assured that I'm not just talking out my ass sort on what is wrong, lol.

It's not that I have to wait for them, it's kindof the other way around. They have to wait for me because I can't get a ride until the 11th. I mean I have to drop my car off at their shop and have someone bring me back home. The 11th is the only time I can get a ride.
1G_DSM is offline   Reply With Quote