View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018   #32
CarPsyco84

Drives: 07' Z06, 16' Beta 300RR
Re: My ultimate streetcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
All new seals too?
Yeah, I got the injectors brand new, so I used all the seals that came with them. I noticed the fancy adapters on the top and bottom, trouble was they don't put any sort of tension on the length of the injector so when you make any sort of real boost it shoves air/fuel out past between the seal in the head and the adapter on the injector body.

I ended up taking out the spacers for the rail, and very carefully cinched down the rail, just enough so the injectors weren't loose, so I think I will just try machining down the plastic spacers at work so they hold the rail closer. Maybe a guy should make note of that length and market them things...

So since that worked good, I decided to put the wood to it. I may have had the anti lag set a bit strong and clearly the dunlops hook, cause it tore the rear U-joint out of the driveshaft. I cannot wait to see how this thing 60's at the track now, I can't imagine you guys that run slicks, this hooks hard, any harder and I think everything would break.