View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013   #22
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: WHITE POW'R! - Winter beater turned....?

Today between classes and dealing with some other...stuff, I decided to preoccupy myself. Here are the pictures I said I'd take and post up.

My not so clean, clean pistons and rods. lol

Something had to have gone haywire with either taking this part or something. Two or the rods have some damage.

Rod marked as "#1".

I believe this is rod "#3".

Since I brought up some damage; this is why you do not allow people whom know nothing about what you are talking about try to help you.

Yeah, the machine screw (or whatever others' referred to as), had its Phillips head completely stripped out. I asked someone if they had and impact driver. Their solution was an impact gun with a screw driver bit. Yeah....no. So I had to drill it out. I'm not sure when I'll try to remove it.. I'm almost a little bit afraid to.

It'll get done though, no worries there. On the positive note though, the oil pump gear/housing isn't too scratched/tore up like you see on a lot of engines!

Here is the main reason I took this baby down to this point; my friends all looked at the crank and said since I'm already this far I should just polish the bitch. Yeah, "just" polish it.

I apologize for the somewhat crack head shaking I did while taking some of the pictures. Today wasn't exactly my day, so I blame some of the "occurrences" right before this for the shakiness.
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote