Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011   #292
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less
Re: Project Lex

Cool, when I had my DSM running on MS, I didn't even bother with the IAC. Once the engine warmed up (which didn't take too long) it didn't really matter. Idle was smooth without it. However, I didn't have AC or any other stuff that really needed it. The mitsubishi IAC is kind to take control over with MS. I don't know what type IAC Toyota uses but it may be easier to take control over then you think.

Warm up the engine then just tune out the VE table a little. Kind of watch the Air Fuel but mostly what you are going to be watching is the vacuum and RPM and just feeling out the engine.

when tuning Idle you almost have to unplug the IAC because it will throw off your idle tune. ECUs will be fighting against each other. Raise the idle screw to a reasonable RPM (1500). Tune out the VE and most likely it will raise the RPM (to say 1750). Adjust the screw down to lower RPM till it is rough and tune. Repeat till you achieve the Idle that you want.

Also before you start make sure you have your bins set where you want them. I know MS2 has 16x16, I don't know what ms3 has.

Should be really easy to get a steady idle.

Are you using 6 injector channels on the MS3 then? Running sequential injection?

The MS2 had 4 injector channels which works for 4g63.