View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014   #1044
blackrosenova400

Re: Big Brown's Automagic - The last episode in my DSM story.

The newer springs provided by the shift kit are suposed to raise main pressure and reducing pressure. Im sure it did but for me it didnt seem like much as I physicaly measured it. My fluid was showing signs of slipping clutches as well. Very well could be just from 4th gear but 145 psi from a stock presure of I believe is 128 is not a very big increase considering how much power you and I have over stock.

What I have is both main pressure springs and reducing valve spring adjustment as tight as possible. I also made my own shims using washers to add even more tension on the main pressure and reducing valve pressure springs. You put them in between the spring and valve. This will add more pressure to the valve, increasing the fluid pressure requirement for the valve to exhaust main pressure to the pan, and obviously this will increase main pressure. With more main pressure you have more clamping force on the clutches and will cause increase torque capacity, less lip and less heat.

Reducing pressure is only used when shifts occur. The tcm will trigger the solenoid and main pressure will reduce to reducing pressure (about 2 times less) to cause less harsh shifts. The tension that is on the reducing valve also has an overall affect on main pressure when not bieng used so thats why shimming the reducing valve tighter will cause high main pressure.

Last edited by blackrosenova400; 10-28-2014 at 02:25 PM..
blackrosenova400 is offline   Reply With Quote