View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017   #886
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Proving Grounds update:

I went there focusing on tuning my 60 foot times. It's been difficult lately since I either blow the tires off the car or bog the car resulting in making it hop. I'm working on staging power in slowly in first gear for a smooth/quicker launch.

I launch my first time only expecting to go 60 feet but the car seemed like it had made it a good 60 time, but hopped bad 2-3 times, i ended up running it out to a 8.85 @171.

I ran about 3 or 4 more 60-foot passes and put it away for the evening on Friday. Start the car up and Saturday and noticed noise coming from the alternator. Also the coolant system was pressurized, so another leaking head gasket. I enjoyed the rest of the weekend as a spectator and provided some help two other racers.

I'm going to toss another gasket on it for the next event, and over the winter focus on getting an O-ring block and receiver groove in the head to use a copper gasket. I should have probably done this last year as I found the limit on the MLS permatorque. I've learned some good information from others using copper gasket setups with great results.

See everyone next time!
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote