View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014   #49
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

Well today got back from VIR chump race early so decided to clean my fuel filter and swap out my isc and tps sensors.

For starters first thing I noticed after taking the I/C piping off was my positive wire from the battery (relocated to the back) and I always wondered if maybe there was a loose connection. And its all hooked up to the starter and I was easily able to move the wires back and forth. I tried tightening them but they still moved. After putting on a washer and a locking washer I tried again. They tightened only I then noticed its not the wires moving but the piece they are attached to? Any idea why it swivels? I believe that is the voltage regulator its attached to. (Small round cylinder looking thing)

I attempted the free fiav mod but after taking it all apart it haf already been done. Any ill effects from going with a block off plate? (It 2) would be just to clean up the engine bay a bit)

Next I swapped out the tps sensor and noticed that the one on the car only had 3 prongs. The new one j has 4. The plug has 4 wires so I went ahead and swapped the sensor.

After that I did the isc. The old one was just filthy and when you moved it. It was easily turned.

The new one feels like it has more tension on it.

Went for a quick drive to get gas and should have done a boost leak test but forgot. Will do that tomorrow before work.

The new isc started out reading high (2turns out from close it was reading 86%)
But idled great and bov would close perfectly after rev by hand...old one read 36 when o t was set that way) any rate after the drive to the gas station isc was reading 44 when idling)
however tps even after doing the tps adjust on link. 0-100% it was still fluctuating between 0-1% at idle and when it would go to 1% idle would be high so tomorrow will be back at it. And Will be doing my BLT.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph

Last edited by SlowWhite; 08-10-2014 at 08:55 PM..
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote