View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015   #131
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blowercj54357
What does the title say it is? Does the VIn number on the dash match with other places on the car? If a door doesn't have the mounting holes, that door could've easily been replaced in the past with a base model door.
This is the other thing that has since raised questions. I know the dash gauges have been swapped out.

The doors do not have holes for the lower plastic panels that the eclipses had.

Only the side slash holes or what ever they are called the talon came with.

And as far as the vin goes the only vin still left that I've found is on the dash. I never ran a vin check on the car figured for the price and what my intentions for the car I was willing to skip it. (Supposed to be just a weekend / track car not really my full time daily.)

But after changing n my interior to black and everything else im finding (maybe im just to paranoid now) but looks like maybe the dash vin was swapped. It looks like its held on with I think they are called rivets.

Which maybe standard I cant remember what my old cars looked like.

And the title does state eclipse gsx.

But I even asked about that. You're supposed to tell the dmv if you change colors of your car and if you changed body styles. Ie like eclipse to talon etc. Probably has to do with , if a cop runs your tags what the descriptions comes up like
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph

Last edited by SlowWhite; 04-06-2015 at 03:47 PM..
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote