View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015   #4
talonsway

Drives: 1995 eagle talon TSI
Re: Over Boosting? Need some help guys

Quote:
Run the car with no boost controller. Just a line from boost source to wastegate. If it still goes too high, then try a different boost source, like intake manifold. If it still goes too high then you have a bad boost creep problem or the wastegate is broke.
Ill start with looping the vacuum line from the compressor housing to the waste gate that was my next step. Previous owner had the boost source from the intake manifold but during my research i read it was better to draw the source from the compressor housing? If i find out that looping my lines controls the boost what does this mean? that i have a bad boost controller? or my wastegate spring is bad. When i put air to the wastage its self, it activated the arm around the 10-12 pounds.

Quote:
The little vent is there to bleed off boost pressure when you close the throttle so the wastegate can shut, the barb needs that little hole in it for proper operation. Sounds to me like you might have a serious case of boost creep. Is the wastegate passage ported? Does it have the larger 34mm flapper or the standard (29ish)? What o2 housing is on the car? Did you use all brand new vacuum lines on the boost controller?
Ill put that fitting back on, i figured it was there for a reason just thought i would give it a shot with a different fitting. Wastage passage is not ported, and it has a 29ish? flapper. I have not got into any of that stuff yet so I'm going to assume its all stock. And stock o2 on it for sure. It has all new vacuum lines and no boost leaks.
talonsway is offline   Reply With Quote