View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008   #9
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: Blown Head Gasket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
You can reuse metal headgaskets, I've done it several times with no problems. However going with 76 lb/ft is a little weak in my book. I torque my ARP's(used several times as well) to 95 lb/ft with oil.

I did have mine go early this year with no real explanation, I wasn't on it at all. The only real thing I can think of was I had my timing set up wrong in link. The symptoms were exactly as you're describing.
Thanks, Yeah i have never had issues with compression until this last time. Ive always made sure to put a nice coat of Copper Spray on the Head Gasket and never had any issues. Looks like im going to have to take the head off AGAIN!
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote