Thread: WTB: Welder
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013   #24
Fejery4491

Drives: 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Re: WTB: Welder

I have no personal experience with Longevity, I do know there is a guy on dsmtuners and dsmtalk (Gamble, Gamble97, or something) that loves their welders and highly recommends them. I have had a chance to try an Everlast (200DX I believe) and I did like it. Solid arc, plenty of pulse and misc other features that go far beyond my experience in TIG. It all come down to how long you can be without a welder when it goes down.
I have no doubts that some of these cheaper Chinese machines can put out good results. But how long will they last? What will break? And when something breaks can you get parts and get back to welding in a sort period of time? I've read of 6 week to 6 month waits on parts on these machines. I really researched them to death. Some have no problems for years, others aren't as lucky. I had pretty much decided on a Everlast Powertig 250EX and last minutes decided against it. I would rather spend the same money on a US made welder that pretty much any part I can get within a week or so.
Also, I don't know what you're skill level is when it come to welding but the learning curve for TIG is far steeper than MIG. Just something to keep in mind
Fejery4491 is offline   Reply With Quote