Thread: Teh Dizzevo
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010   #195
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Teh Dizzevo

After getting the new head installed I picked up a Nisei intercooler piping kit, small battery with Muse battery tray and an ETS 3.5" intercooler. Unfortunately the intercooler didn't ship until just before my dyno time so it will have to be put on later.

A recap of everything that was been changed before hitting the dyno:
MAP Stage 3 head with GSC beehive valve springs
MAP rev2 intake manifold with phenolic spacer
MAP ported exhaust manifold
GSC S2 cams
Nisei intercooler piping

Prior to this my car made 267hp/256tq at DB in the fall of 2009 which is when we discovered the leaky exhaust valves and I proceeded to have a head built.

Shane worked his magic and this is where we ended up after my dyno session on Tuesday 4/13.

I'll have to get Shane to do an overlay of my old graph versus the new one.

Anyway, it is what it is. Boost comes on really strong and it feels great through the midrange. Right now we're thinking the janky POS intercooler that's on there now is an issue which will be replaced as soon as the new ETS intercooler arrives. We also have no solid reason for the dip in power around 7200, I have my theories but am doing research before I lay claim to anything. I'm just not revving that high until I figure out what's going on. It wasn't there until I did all this work.

Dyno day in a few weeks, have the intercooler on, maybe a new intake pipe and see what it does then.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote