View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018   #735
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Update on various aspects of the car after a nice hard 629 miles this weekend, lots of hilly twisties, plenty of flat straights, etc. This weekend was likely the hardest I've ever driven the car in my 4.5 years/42k miles of ownership.

BRAKES: I'm still very happy with the Powerstop Z26 pads. Plenty of braking power when I need it with incredibly low dust levels. Zero noise. The stock Z51 rotors (2016 revised design) and calipers work well. ATE TYP 200 fluid along with these pads show no sign of fade.

SUSPENSION: I absolutely love this Chevy Performance calibration for the magnetic ride (stock for 2019+). The car is much more stable and planted when pushing hard, but also rides smoother and does a better job soaking up the bumps/cracks. Otherwise, the factory Z51 suspension is fantastic and really needs no further upgrades for an aggressively driven street-car.

TRANSMISSION: This performance shifter box is exactly what I've been missing. Shifts were spot-on and precise the entire time, zero slop in the stick, with a nice positive engagement without harshness or excessive effort. Love the Auto Rev Match system for fast/hard downshifts. Redline D4 ATF has great shift quality (I'll continue to change it annually).

ENGINE: The engine continues to run smooth and consistent when driven hard, and pulls plenty hard. Heat management has been perfect with the select few cooling mods I've done. With how balanced the car is, I really see no reason to do any major power-adders beyond the well-rounded bolt-ons I've already done. The exhaust note screams when the NPP valves are open, but remains quiet/tame when shut. I can see myself adding the AFE HFC pipes next spring, but beyond that it just doesn't need anything for how I use the car.

In summary, best car I've ever owned and the longest I've ever owned a car! I see no reason why I'd sell or trade it in anytime soon

Last edited by Kracka; 08-27-2018 at 01:38 PM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote