Thread: Project V8killa
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012   #11
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Project V8killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed2.4 View Post
I'm currently pulling the black stuff out of my old shell to put in the new one then just wait for parts. My walbro 450 should be here by the end of the week so I might install that over the weekend, put in all my gauges, and black interior.

Am I going to be fine with the stock rail stock lines? I have an feed lines from the filter but that's it as of now. Also I plan on staying on plugs and wires just gonna get a spark box like a dynatex? Don't know how to spell it lol
You can calculate pressure drop across the lines and then the head pressure needed to push it up to the fuel rail and determine if your pump is enough. If it is similar in nature to a 3000gt/stealth at around 11' of 5/16" feed line, you are looking around 4psi pressure drop at 448 lb/hr of flow, with a velocity of 4.81 feet per second (starting to get very swirly)

How much power are you looking to push with your fuel pump? The walbro 450 should be better than my DW301 and my DW301 +1000cc's should support around 600AWHP without getting a hardwire around 35psi base fuel pressure or 25psi boost pressure (flow rating at 60psi).

Simply put, you'll only need lines if you want to help your fuel pump out. With injectors that size, I'd be more worried about return line sizing and fuel pressure regulator sizing to ensure you can get the baseline fuel pressure to a level of sanity.