View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008   #36
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: SMIM Showdown! Lets figure this out once and for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc_g View Post
MORE NEWS!

This whole deal is getting bigger than I expected.

I had a lengthy talk with the folks at Beyond Redline today. I sent them an email this morning, asking for their participation, and they called me whithin 2 hours. Last month, they released a new SMIM for DSM's, and make some pretty bold claims about what it is capable of. Look for yourself, http://www.beyondredline.com/store/i...products_id=21

After discussing with them the details about what i have found so far, and the discussions I have had with other vendors, they agreed to send me one to test.

I am very happy to get some vendor suport on this. They too were glad that a completely independant source was willing to do this, as there can be no bias in any direction.

We are also talking about doing a dyno shootout to follow up the flow testing. We have not worked out any details to this yet, as that would be premature. I am hoping that I can get Magnus as well as JMF to supply manifolds for testing for this. Reason being, it will be at least a month or so before we are ready to get to that point, and I have a feeling nobody is going to want to leave their manifold off that long, or take it back off. Anybody that may be willing, let me know just in case.

So, I have added Beyond Redline to the list. As soon as I start getting SMIM's, Ill get flowing!!!
That beyond redline one looks pretty interesting. Really freakin expensive though. Especially if you add the polished surface. Never heard of them before.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote