View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019   #125
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster
Re: Project:No replacment for displacment.

Yes, it is obligatory to wave at other Corvette owners. This has trailed off since 2013 though. Be friendly people!

Had no idea it's been this long since I posted anything about my C5Z. I guess there wasn't much to say since up until the last year or two the only thing I've done is buy tires and do oil changes?

2017-ish
I bought and installed used Koni shocks, custom valved by Strano Performance Parts.
Also picked up a used front anti-roll bar from the same guy. Made by Strano PP as well.

2018 - Switched to a 285/35/18 tire on all four corners. Stock C5Z 18x10.5" wheels used all around. The front bar was handy to optimize the setup, moved to the hard setting to make use of the front end grip.

2018 Competition notes: Ran the O'riles's Street Machine Summer Nationals (formerly Car Craft) Placed 1st in Auto-X, 3-4th-ish in the stop box and dead fraking last on the dyno. Tied for second, but the dyno was a double whammy, they used it as a tie breaker and no trophy for 3rd.

2019 - Well, the wheel and tire change last year bumped me into a different Autocross class, so let's go hard core?

Pulled everything apart, sent the heads out for a CNC port job. Cam, long tube headers. Maxed out the stock injectors so I picked up 44lb/hr units. Missed the dyno day I was supposed to go to, so only street tuning done as of now. Josh / Niterydr / CTS has been on point in the tune area.

Future plans?
Intake upgrades? Still has a stock LS6 manifold and throttle body. With the head/cam long tube combo this is my biggest spot for gains.

Other than that nitrous kit that's been sitting in my garage the entire time I have owned the car. Maybe I should get on that?