Thread: La fea negro
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016   #16
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: La fea negro

I decided to change the brakes on the back and welllll...not everything went as planned. I had a grinding noise and yeah. I had an issues. The grind was the rear pad essentially machining away the back of the rotor.

The caliper is seized and removed actually. Line clamped off with a vise grip. Calipers aren't really expensive but I need both and e-brake cables. One of the wheel studs is bad so that means the whole bearing to come out.

Transfer case is still leaking even after a new seal. The boots on the carrier bearings are pretty much gone. Rear shocks are bad. This is a 3 bolt car.

At the end of the day this would end up with new everything and I cannot afford that at the moment so..there she'll sit. lol So typical. I can very easily see why people get rid of these for something much newer and more reliable. Not to mention easier part availability (lobro joint boot/grease kits are on extended back order from Japan according to JNZs site).
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote