View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014   #3228
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

So my buddy had stuff pop up last weekend and the date we scheduled like 5 weeks back to fix/finish my car has come and passed (it was the only free weekend we both had in august at that time, both been busy as hell). Sucks but it is what it is. I did get the intake manifold fixed though. MAP put it on the flat sander and it only touched in 3 spots, so it was far from flat. Now that is fixed and I have OEM gaskets to toss back on.

Anyway, I am to the point of just finishing it by myself I think. I wanted my buddy as he is awesome with cars and a legit mechanic in case anything in startup goes wrong but I am getting impatient and as he is helping I can't really yell at him or anything.

My torque wrench is messed up i think so I am going to go exchange that at sears if they let me and then probably start trying to put it back together by myself. There is a bunch of stuff removed that I have never done before so I am a little nervous but still just nuts and bolts.

Anyone feel like helping out? Probably would be Friday night for a bit and then Sunday as saturday is fair time.

Otherwise I will just go slow and pick at it. It's just a mess in my garage right now with Evo parts everywhere and so I just don't want to miss anything. Anyone who knows the X is bonus points
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote