View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010   #419
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build

The more I think about my situation...the more I change my mind.

I am pretty set on my decision as of now...but here is what I am thinking. I have two options, well three if you count build the motor, which still might happen (probably 35% chance).

I think it is hard to justify a damn near $60k evo. I would love one, but frankly, i don't want to invest that much, at least not all at once. Maybe on a car i have owned for 4 years, but not all at once.

So I am thinking of trying to sell it as is to a mechanically inclined person to drop in a shortblock/longblock.

Or buy a ralliart long block, take off all the parts that I can and convert it back to stock. Then when it is stock, sell the bastard, I am sure I could get a good price for it running, in stock form.

I know for sure I don't want a stock evo X...they are too porky to be fun at in stock form. So once I sell it, an evo 9 will be found.

The 9 is lighter and has a bigger stock turbo. So I honestly think an evo 9 on e85 would be able to satisfy me. And if not...i would build the motor first, then upgrade it, but that wouldn't be for a while. I would still have mivec too which would be nice.

So we will see what happens.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote