View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013   #486
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world
Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

there are settings in the AEM to compensate for timing drift with a hall effect sensor vs cam/crank pickup, the main issue is the factory 1g cam sensor has to deal with timing belt slop and the hall effect sensor with the speed of light being slow....

With the 2g dsm/evo cam/crank pick ups are mag pick ups, so nice square wave triggers. Using the kiggly crank trigger, square wave, and the dsm cam signal hall effect could be an issue with the EMS that needs be figured out.

I know if you run the 1g hall effect you use a different timing and drift offset vs the 2g/evo cam and crank trigger setups.

so it may be a thing of using the factory dsm cam trigger drift offset, and the 2g crank trigger offset values in the EMS.

The only other thing I can think off is you said the timing numbers were spot on, I know with my car being waist spark and a black top cas, I put the timing light on the #4 cylinder and when we sync timing it does not go over 10deg(the timing #we set to look for) at idle or at 7,000+rpm I would estimate it jumps around at least 1deg, and I make sure it does not go over our target number. so at 10,000rpm and 45psi I know the number on the map is no more then indicated.

That would be the lure of a solid, no mater what timing number, if the car could use 1 more deg, but not 1.25 you can make that change and be sure its correct.

~John

Last edited by Pushit2.0; 05-23-2013 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: spelling/etc
Pushit2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote