View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014   #6
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

Halon, I hear ya on the mod list. And it is almost exactly where I wanted the car to be which was a selling point for me. That is why my mod list is so small most of my money will be in fixing the body and paint.

I realize my car isn't fully tuned yet (more details to come on a lot of things) but so far the smim and tb will be replaced if it seems to be a hindrance at the Track or if the r.r. thing doesnt work out. So far the power band is from 4500-6500. (24psi and 48-50lbs/min)

The oil system has me worried to be honest especially with my brother at the wheel, to this day I won't get in a car hes driving at the track, he travels all over doing instructional stuff now a days it seems, and I just can't handle my fear of needing to slow down long before he ever hits the brakes.
I will know for sure once we actually hit the track for the first time and hooks up all his stuff to see what the car does. From there well see if the car will stay focused on road racing or just go back to fun street car to replace my bike. In which case if I ever upgrade the turbo the car will be probably be set up around the FP Black.
As for the Magnus fuel rail, that is just personal preference only. The car has an unknown fuel rail which I am sure will handle what ever I need but. Some things I want to do are just for me and my tastes if I go with the Magnus smim the fuel rail will be ordered at the same time.
It goes hand and hand with the aem gauges.... I could go autometer or some other cheaper brand but I want AEM to match the rest.

But you'll see some of the "why's"... will get answered during the build thread as it progresses I hope.

As for the 11's. My last car did 11.7 making 406awhp so this car as it sits should already be there, that is basically the only reason why I threw that in the title. I honestly have no intentions of dragging the car at a track except maybe on a special occasion but definitely not like before where that time slip was all I wanted.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph

Last edited by SlowWhite; 07-18-2014 at 01:43 AM..
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote