View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007   #8
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: 92-94 Talon rear bumper

Here's a pic that may help you, comparing the 1Ga (bottom) to the 1Gb (top) Talon rear tail lights.

You can see the bulb in the far corner I was talking about. The 1Ga plastic bulb socket thing does not go into the 1Gb one. You can see easily in this picture, that the holes are keyed differently. You can switch out that plastic socket easily, its just clipped to the cars wiring harness. Mine is not plugged in though, I will do it someday, but didn't find it neccessary at the moment.

Also you can see where the 92 has the one extra bulb.

You can see that the plastic plug is different, so I did some harness swapping to get it to work right. I didn't replace any relays. I guess I'm still unsure of where the relay is Steve. I remember talking to you on the phone, and getting what I though was the relay, but turns out I grabbed the MPI relay I think. Oh well. I got mine to work without changing the relay. There's more then one way to skin a cat I suppose. I'll try to get some other pictures though of what all I did. If I remember right though, all I did was swap those harnesses on the tail light, and had to hard wire in that extra bulb to the turn signal wiring.

Steve, I'm wondering, since you car originated as a 1Gb of the Eclipse flavor, and mine originated as a 1Ga of the Talon flavor, that is why I have a few differences I had to deal with that you didn't, or maybe why I didn't need the relay, and you did. Just a thought.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test

Last edited by Halon; 01-29-2007 at 09:12 AM..
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote