View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014   #12
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
I have to agree with Halon, I'd skip the piping, fuel rail, intake manifold, throttle body, etc. You already have a lot of power, and those are just going to shift the powerband further up, making it less fun on the street and road course imho. Don't want a laggy car coming out of a slow corner.

I had the Tokiko HP shocks on my 2g, they have the perfect ride height imho, but the springs are very soft and you'll get a ton of body roll and maybe rub. If you want to make it better for the road course, I'd say tires and brake pads/fluid would be most important. Don't really need the race seat and harness and cage, just get a CG lock and it should be fine to start with.

Bigger radiator and oil temp/press are probably good to have.

Good luck with the build.
Im pretty sure im already having that problem with the suspension, and updated my mod list to include that as i had left it out. I also live near lake wateree which is basically 98 miles of twisty roads and during some of my tuning sessions couldn't pass up the chance of hitting my favorites while the car was running well, and on hard right turns id hear it rub.
Ive already started watching the two road racing build threads going on dsmtuners.
Hopefully will get some good advice from there results.

This car will never be a full on track car, my brother hits up vir 1-2 times a year and cmp once a year if that, so basically im looking at maybe 3 track days a year based on current history, rest of the time will just be a fun alternative to my bike.

Matter of fact making my first outing to VIR here on Aug 9-10. Will be driving the car but not racing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140717_131652.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	803.8 KB
ID:	14583  
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph

Last edited by SlowWhite; 07-18-2014 at 01:59 AM..
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote